Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

proper inverter output

Status
Not open for further replies.

robismyname

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For U3 (TI-inverter SN74LVC1G06), When pin 2 is low im getting 2 volts out of pin 4. Shouldn't it be 5 volts?

What could be going wrong?

Is it something you have built or are simulating? Check the pinouts on the package carefully - it is easy to mix up the numbering. You could try reducing R2/R3 - they seem high for driving the HMC190.

Keith.

keith1200rs said:
Is it something you have built or are simulating? Check the pinouts on the package carefully - it is easy to mix up the numbering. You could try reducing R2/R3 - they seem high for driving the HMC190.

Keith.

Hey Keith,

On pin 6 of U1(Hitite switch) there is a 51 ohm resistor going to ground. I removed the 51 ohm resistor and now I see 5V on U3 (inverter output pin 4).

Why is it that when I removed the 51 ohm resistor the inverters work correctly and when the 51 ohm resistor is in the circuit the inverters dont work correctly?

see new attachment.....

I did think there was something suspicious about what's inside the Hitite switch because the control pins don't seem to be totally isolated from the RF(compression depends on control voltage) but I couldn't work out what was really going on inside the chip. The data doesn't say a lot. I assume the input actually drives the gate of a MOSFET switch.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.