Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PROM to PAL/GAL converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadat007

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I need to replace PROMs on a board to PAL or GAL. Any one can help?
thanks
sadat007

Please give more specific information how many input/output and PAL/GAL device number.
PAL/GAL logic is only subset of PROM not all design can transfer from PROM to PAL/GAL.

Hi,
Following are 2 pics of the PROMS with some information.
I have the working PROMS so I can read the table inside, I need a program that convert it for GALs/PALs. Rerouting the connections will not be problem, I will do any way.

93_1167578149.GIF

93_1167578149.GIF

83_1167578579.GIF

83_1167578579.GIF

Thanks
sadat007

You need to do logic minimization of the PROM data, and then see if the equations will fit into a PAL/GAL.

Here are two DOS programs that input a truth table and output minimized logic equations.
**broken link removed**

You can probably find other similar programs. I read somewhere that Maple and Electronic Workbench can do it too. Your PAL/GAL manufacturer my have development tools with similar capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back