Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
Blueroomelectronics,
how are you?

Can you please send me the source code of the Hex file named "InchwormPlus_16F877A.hex" in C-language or in Assembly language .
if you have kindly upload it or send me through mail.
usmanstar2@gmail.com

thank you in advance

i have built icd2-usb potyo version . i can use it as programmer but in debugger mode it can't not . mplab shown message

Programming Target...
...Validating configuration fields
...Erasing Part
...Programming Programming Executive
...Verifying Programming Executive
...Programming Program Memory (0x0 - 0x1FF)
Verifying...
...Program Memory
...Verify Succeeded
...Loading DebugExecutive
...Programming DebugExecutive
...Debug Executive
...Programming Debug Vector
...Debug Vector
...Programming Configuration Bits
.. Config Memory
Verifying configuration memory...
Connecting to debug executive
ICD0083: Debug: Unable to enter debug mode. Please double click this message for more information.
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

How I fix this problem !!! please help me

Added after 6 minutes:

one thing that i miss is all resister value 4.7k in potyo schematic i replace with 5k because the shop don't have this value..

resister 5k that i used cause a problem in debug mode?

Have the problem. Sometimes, after connecting to the computer, the device is not defined and LED on the device does not burn. The study shows that erased 18F4550. BOR tried to include, but are not working. What could be the reason?

mee48025 your version is the potyo2 now there is a new one with some improvements with mclr internal and is potyo2rev1

Dear,

I recently make ICD2. And i got some problems in it.

I also got this type of problems when i attach my ICD2 with PC

Target<>icd2<>mplab

PLZ give me some solution to these problems

And when i try at 3rd time this shows the attaches problems.

Sir ,

I am using PIC16F877A and firmware is Inchworm+ hex file. with simple RS232 port.

Now kindly help me out. Why this problem is occur?

Thanx in advance.

Thank for all . Now I can debugging target board. The problem is my fault in schematic. :D

Hi,

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you guys who helped make the ICD2clone. It works !!
I've build "potyo2 (09/18/2006)" from http://icd2clone.com/wiki/Main_Page.

At first using MPLAB 8.10 I had problems connecting to the ICD2.

Code:
ICD0021: Unable to connect with MPLAB ICD 2
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready.

I had to go down to MPLAB 7.40 before my ICD2 was recognized and a firmware downloaded.

Now it works with all versions of mplab (7.40 and up).

marizo said:
Hello, Everyone!
I built ICD2 Clone RevB with PIC18F4550 and 16F877A some days ago, but not get it working yet.
PICs are programmed with *.hex from http://www.icd2clone.com/wiki/Main_Page, but something going wrong - yesterday the computer recognizes the new hardware and I install drivers, but MPLAB 8 can't download a operating system to programmer, the connection losts. Today my computer even not recognizes new hardware, but sometime when I touch the board PC says could not recognize the hardware.
Whats going wrong?
I don't know much about PIC programming, but my friend who help me with PIC programming says, that there are not enough information about PICs configuration. Could anyone show me the way to right hex files and PIC configuration info? I think there may be something wrong with it.

Hello, i wrote some posts about it. If you follow exactly it must work, at least works for me each time i tried (yes, i reprogrammed the icd2 clone from scracth several times to test if steps were correct)

Build and programming steps:

About "debug" mode errors:

And i found today this post about firmawares:

Ciao

hi,
a question to all developers of icd 2 clone
is it legal to build and sell icd 2 clone based on designs from icd2clone.com ??

sjerr4u said:
hi,
a question to all developers of icd 2 clone
is it legal to build and sell icd 2 clone based on designs from icd2clone.com ??

Well icd2clone is an unauthorized copy of the Microchip ICD2...

Sir Blueroomelectronics,

I am using PIC16F877A and firmware is Inchworm+ hex file. with simple RS232 port.

Thanx in advance.

Plz reply me

Added after 1 minutes:

I also send a mail to your support Blueroomelectronics website.

But nobody reply me.

funnynypd wrote:
enter your control panel->performance and maintenance->system->hardware->Device Manager

and drop down to the unknow usb device, manually force a driver update.

It is doable.

Thanks,but i have tryed , it is inform "this file don't have hardware information". i don't know how to do?

the .inf file :
; ICD2W2K.INF for Windows 2000 and XP
;
; 03 Jan 2005 : new group

Right-click the .inf file
select install
restart computer

usmanstar2 said:
Sir Blueroomelectronics,

Thanx in advance.

Plz reply me

Added after 1 minutes:

I also send a mail to your support Blueroomelectronics website.

But nobody reply me.

The kit, schematic & firmware on my site all function great. Since you built your own version using your own PCB layout I can't possibly know what you did wrong.

For the meager $9 I charge for the original Inchworm PCB why would anyone lay out and drill their own?

Status
Not open for further replies.