Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok Sir,

how can i buy it and if i want to purchase the whole kit means along with components $45 Then when would you send me?
In how much duration?
And where i send you online money through credit card?

Plz PLz Reply me on my email:

usmanstar2@gmail.com

Added after 1 minutes:

Mr. Blueroomelectronics!!

You've got all the parts, just salvage your homemade one. It's much cheaper then you only need the PCB which is $9 + $5 international S&H.
The kit is larger and heavier than just the PCB so it's $45 + $10 S&H
If you have a modern computer with XP and USB ports I'd recommend the Junebug as it's USB and includes a 18F1320 tutor IC is is only $49 + $10 S&H

We only accept PayPal payments. It's safe for both buyer and seller.

ICD2 Potyo 2 version: not recognized as USB device

I downloaded Potyo 2 from http://www.icd2clone.com/wiki/Main_Page and realized it (pcb of 7-8-2006) but it don't works.
When I connect USB cable to pc the ICD2 is powered (power LED is on) but it isn't recognized as USB device. Simply pc do nothing.
I check power supply of 4550, MCLR voltage and oscillator out and it works.
What can I do ?

I saw in this forum a much better pcb of ICD2 () and as soon as I logged in I downloaded files with schematic and pcb, but where can I find firmware ?
Can you help me ?

Hello, I am new in this forum, and this is my first post (and my english could not to be the best, so sorry).

2 weeks ago I started the ICD2 Clone (based on potyo2-rev1, zip).
I made the pcb, and soldered all the components, placed the jumper near the 4066.
So I conected this to the computer, installed the drivers, download the SO, and conected in MPLab (8.10). All works very well.

But some days ago I do one pcb to program pic 16F628A, for test of the icd2 clone.
But for my surprise it does not work (write). I can conect, but I can't write/read the 'device'. And whatever I do the MPLab always show:

Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
...Connected
Setting Vdd source to MPLAB ICD 2
ICDWarn0020: Invalid target device id (expected=0x83, read=0x0)
...Reading ICD Product ID
Running ICD Self Test
...Passed
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

The problem is:

I don't know what to do. I revised the conector, the solder, the cable. I change the pic (anothers 16F628A, and some olds 16f84A) and always I have the same problem.

Anybody can help me? please

Thanks for all.

Mario Sbampato - São Paulo / Brazil

Added after 4 minutes:

OBS: The ics are not EXACTLY the same. I used:

CD4066
74126N
SN74LS125AN
SN74LS07N

I don't think that the problem is these ICs.

OBS2: I've read entire topic, all the 58 pages, more than 1 time. And I tried all that I could think to solve the problem, but nothing works.

sbampa12 said:
Hello, I am new in this forum, and this is my first post (and my english could not to be the best, so sorry).

2 weeks ago I started the ICD2 Clone (based on potyo2-rev1, zip).
I made the pcb, and soldered all the components, placed the jumper near the 4066.
So I conected this to the computer, installed the drivers, download the SO, and conected in MPLab (8.10). All works very well.

But some days ago I do one pcb to program pic 16F628A, for test of the icd2 clone.
But for my surprise it does not work (write). I can conect, but I can't write/read the 'device'. And whatever I do the MPLab always show:

...Connected
Running ICD Self Test
...Passed
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

The problem is:

Did you select the correct device (i.e 16F628A) in Confugure --> Select Device ?

Yes, I've selected 16F628A, and when I was trying the 16F84A too, and the MPLab downloaded the SO when I changed the devices.

I tryed for the first time in my desk and my notebook, both have the same configurations (softwares): Win XP (professional), SP2 and MPLab 8.10

After I tryed in Win 2K (server), with MPLab 7.0

And the problems always occurs.

One thing that I think relevant, is the PGD and PGC, when the device is connected (only connected, and ICD2 Clone is 'on'), these 'signals (or lines)' are about 3,0V.
Is this normal?

I am looking for problems...

I encontered something interesting, when I supply the Target Device with 'external' vpp (around 13V) the MPLab says:
...Connected
ICDWarn0020: Invalid target device id (expected=0x83, read=0x1FF)
Running ICD Self Test
...Passed
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

Not the always 'read=0x00', but now, it is always 'read=0x1FF'.

But I still can't write/read the device.

I need some ligth please!!!
Thanks

Added after 53 minutes:

Even if have no pic, or cable (from icd2 to pic), the mplab says
read=0x1FF or some other number, like a interference I think.

But I don't know what to do for solve this.

I changed the 74126 for the 74HC126 and it works.

Thanks for all.

This Forum is very good, long life for all thats works in this project.

My ICD2 schematic: (**broken link removed**)

Hi list.

I've done building my potyo2 version, but is not working.
I'm getting -5v on both PIC's instead of 5v. That could be wrong? Also, windows doesn't recognise and nothing happens.

I'm using the original PDF schematich from wiki.

Added after 5 hours 31 minutes:

Ok, wrong read :S

Voltage is fine on both PIC's, but still not working. When i plu cable, nothing happens. LED6 is always on (power led?) and, some times, LED2 and LED3 do a fast flash when plug.

What i need to check?! :(

Can any body send me the snapshot of MPLAB ICD2 Debugging.
you only need to just debug the Assembly code of LED On/OFF program.
And take a snapshot by pressing Printsys button and paste in paint and send me.
Debugging shows every thing like Register, Assembly code , memory, disassembly etc.

I want to see.
thanx

Here is my old version of Potyo2 ICD2 Clone and some usefull acessories

I've use the CD4066 instead of 74hc4066, because it needs to support at least 13V, some brands of the 74hc4066 can do that while others don't, but the CD4066 does the job and it works for me :)

Potyo have added one pull-up resistor (R(updt)) to 16F877's RA4 pin, because sometimes, unchecking the "power target from icd2" has not disabled it physically.

Potyo made a NEW version of the ICD2 Clone with the pull-up resistor already on PCB and a zener diode because of the overvoltage of 74hc4066, with this you don't need to replace 74hc4066 with CD4066, also this version don't have a reset jumper for 4550.

It's your choice to make the NEW or OLD version, I have the old and it works perfectly.

Thanks Potyo.

The files needed to assemble old and new versions of Potyo2 ICD2 Clone are in the links below the image.

What's for this pull-up resistor? Topic is too large to find...

I'll re-try with this pull-up today and i post a reply with results. Tks

Hey thanks, now i dont have to read the whole topic..

i think that this should be on the first page to make it easier to anyone else that wants to start with PIC programming.

Thanks alot.:D

Does anyone have any experiences and knows whether ICD2 clone will work properly if I program both microcontrollers (18F4550 and 16F877A) with a JDM programmer which is a low-voltage programmer.
Judging by the scheme, PGM pin on 18F4550 is left floating, and the one on the 16F877A is used for LED_Busy. And because PGM pin cannot be used as I/O pin when programmed with low-voltage, everything but an LED should work fine. Still, I would be very thankful if someone who has tried this in practice would confirm my assumptions.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

how to make this:
**broken link removed**

it´s a mini icd2 ??
it´s possible make with only 18F2550 ??

Kindly can any body tell me

The PGD/RB7, PGC/RB6 are 40 and 39 pins of PIC16F877A respectively. So

What

PGC stands for?

PGD stands for?

Reply me

Thank you very much

Dear Blueroomelectronics,

I built the components on the PCB of Inchworm that you sent me.

Now tell me one thing what should i put on the TP GND? Is there insert any jumper (a simple copper wire) in it?

Give me the detail?

I burn the hex (InchwormPlus_16F877A.hex) on PIC16F877A. And then Turn On the ICD2.

But it doesn't download the Operating System (ICD01020701.HEX)

Why operating system is not download?

All the problems that shows are in attached file.

Dears,

https://www.microchipc.com/PIC16bootload/index.php#how

above link asked about the bootloder.

what bootloader should I burn for ICD2
and
what bootloader should I burn for target

I am very confused kindly tell me clearly.

And I am using PIC16F877A Microcontroller for both ICD2 and target.

On target I have a simple LED ON/OFF program is running and i just want to debug it.

reply me soon.

Thanx a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back