cwt

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
programmable dot matrix

Hi there...

I am a final semester student, who is currently doing a project called Programmable Dot Matrix Display System. My project work like this....
Short messages are read from textfiles then they are sent out in a serial communication method. There is one more thing you should know, my project didnt include PIC and microcontroller.

Currently, i am searching infos regarding the 8x8 dot matrix array. Can anyone provide me a more useful webpage? I need to know how to operate that array, how those column bits is being shifted and how it works.

Thanks! 8)

Hello,

There are a couple of projects on this subject on the forums, just search for moving message display or LED matrix.

However all of them uses a microcontroller of some sort. I don't think you can do it without one since it is programmable? Unless you use the PC parallel port or something like this.

Regards,

Gam

Reactions: miraz

miraz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hie there...currently im finding a suitable driver to drive my 8x8 dot matrix array to work...i need more infos about driver and driver types..help me if can...thanks alot... :lol:

Hi..
Currently i am at the stage of shifting serial bits into parallel bits. I am using an UART PC16550D to do the shifting. I have a few doubts.

Besides taking care of the serial input pin and parallel output pins, what other pins should i included? :?:

Here is a diagram of the chip.

Thanks! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…