Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Process Variation simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

nile_king

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
Dear All;

I wanna ask how to simulate the process variation for ref current using cadence and i have no licence for monte carlo
in changeing the models of the transistors, res, BJT, ... in the model library, change it to what??

thanks

use corner models in you simulation. you can do this by seleting from ADE SETUP->model libraries an here select the corner switch.

Thank you for ur help
I also need to know what 2 write
for example i know the model changes for CMOS and BJT
what about the res and cap ...

thanks

The corner models for the transistors are provided by the foundry.

For resistors/capacitors in most cases either there are models from the foundry or there is documentation stating the variations. In case you do not have this info, you may use +/- 20 % to +/- 25 % of absolute value variation (typical range).

in mentographics, u may use some script to change all the resisitor and capacitor value at one time, not sure candence get this or not.

according to the technology switch you select all device models will be altered. the name of the switch differs from foundry to foundry. Usually these are:
ff-> fast
ss-> slow
fs->fast slow
sf-. slow fast

You show find in the technology forder a file that contain an index of the models used in that technology and there these switches should be specified.

nile_king

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.