Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

procedure for manufacturing of pcb at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishu489

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i developed board for atmega 16 on eagle. i want to develop it by my own at home.can anyone suggest me what type of file i have to generate on eagle. i already develop layout.
please give me proper procedure for etching of single sided pcb
thank you in advance

Hey vishu489
Its really a tough job. I started making PCB's by permanent markers. then i learned the toner transfer method.

You need
1. a laser printer, i am using HP laser jet 1200 series (Dont use new laser printer, they wont work)...min 600DPI
2. A magazine paper. This paper is like glossy but when you put a drop of water on it, it absorb it like tissue paper. I am using furniture magazine by IKEA store.
3. Iron.
4. Ferric chloride

Clean the PCB using steel wool so it starts shining. No finger prints and no dust on it...no touching it, use some cotton gloves.
print the circuit on the page of magazine paper and do not touch the paper too. put the paper on the PCB and iron it evenly. The amount of time and pressure on the iron will come from practice. after that put the PCB in cold water and let the paper absorb the water. remove the paper using your finger pores not nails. put the PCB in solution of ferric chloride and water and shake it time after time and check periodically if you board is etched.

People used to get good result from it but i never did as pressure on iron and pressing time is not certain so my track gets so wider at different places that i lose interest in making boards.
Then a little modification. I bought a laminator and used it instead of iron. I passed my board 50 times through at 180 degree centigrade and result was awesome. i was very happy.

As Sajjadkhan explain use A4 sticker paper and remove sticker from the paper and check this paper glossy or mat. if surface is mat you can't get good result. use glossy surface paper ( you can't see this until you remove sticker from the paper) then insert this paper to your laser printer and then use Iran and Iran gently to copper board . Do not apply pressure when you Iran and continue what Sajjadkhan explain
hope this help

Status
Not open for further replies.