Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Procedure for getting dispersion diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

arora_navdeep

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

In Empire Xccel software .. i want to obtain dispersion diagram using ebg structures . Can any one help for obtaining dispersion diagram .....Plz tell me the procedure for obtaining dispersion diagram in Empire software. I got all S parameters , Radiation Patterns, impedance graphs using FFPW model . But i dont know the procedure how to obtain dispersion diagram or "phase reflection versus frequency graph" in Empire Software. I have read the complete paper " fdtd modeling of finite size ebg structures". bt in that the procedure for getting graph is not mentioned .
can any one tell me the procedure for getting graph.

Regards,

Navdeep

hi Navdeep

If you follow the model FFPW in the paper of the people in IMST so i think you should activate the frequency dependent result from the postprocessing of far field, and in the Sub1 directory you get the transformed files as three coloumns frequency, amplitude and phase, from which you can use these phases of both simulations (EBG and PEC) to get the reflection phase characteristic curve.

hi

I am trying to get the dispersion diagram but again it is displaying error. Error is "incorrect results : considering adding space between nftff box and and boundaries or structures" . Dimensions of nftff box and pw box are not mentioned in paper. So what should be the dimensions in order to get the results??

Hello Arora, did you get your answer ? if you got it, can you please post it.

Thanks !

hello,I am trying to find the band gap of mushroom like ebg using hfss
the results are correct for substrate thickness of 2.4 mm but for substrate thickness of 1.52mm I cannot find the correct band gap.I want to design a structure to have bandgap around 2.5GHz. what do you think the problem with the aanswer is?
thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back