Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with tooling holes in a PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasminepav99

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In our design, i need to provide test points for bed-of - nail.But design did not have tooling hole and pcb also irregular shape.same time design densed by design changes. .I provided mounting hole at 4 corner.Let me know the idea for tooling hole.Is it possible to provide on panel drawing?

Re: tooling hole provide

If you have PCB's that are 2 dense and or small for tooling holes you can have an ATE jig made for the whole panel and have the tooling holes on the panel border. I have done this in the past. Where ever you put the tooling holes you will have to provide some information for the jig to be made. To have jigs made in the past I have sent Gerbers, mechanical drawings and ODB++ data, with the latter being the preffered format as it is the simplest to produce and provides the most comprehensive data.

Re: tooling hole provide

If you have PCB's that are 2 dense and or small for tooling holes you can have an ATE jig made for the whole panel and have the tooling holes on the panel border. I have done this in the past. Where ever you put the tooling holes you will have to provide some information for the jig to be made. To have jigs made in the past I have sent Gerbers, mechanical drawings and ODB++ data, with the latter being the preffered format as it is the simplest to produce and provides the most comprehensive data.

Thank you Marce,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back