Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with taking input from expansion connector on Spartan 2E board

Status
Not open for further replies.

zubair_fast

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every one!!
i am new to fpga and to this portal. i am facing issues in taking input from expansion connector(40-pin expansion for I/O) on Spartan 2E, D2FT (XC2S300) board. can any body help me???

Re: fpga beginner

May i know what is the issue that you are facing..
-VJ

hi,

just you have to create a ucf file for your board and that is

regards,

kari

thanx for reply!!

i was implementing some examples (counters etc) on fpga . in one of example, i was glowing LEDs (in some sequence) through port A1, and the sequence of glowing LEDs change as i push the "push button"(which is used as input here) and i was successfull in doing so.

Now i want to take the input from some external source through one of the pins from port A1 and not from push button to change the glowing sequence of LEDs.

i am providing 3.3Volts input but when i apply input, all LEDs show high impedance state!!! i have tried this by :
1. taking input from power supply and
2. by setting one of the pins of A1 port continiously high and taking it back in to the the input pin of A1 expansion port which i have mentioned in .ucf file.

Added after 6 minutes:

in the point# 2 above, i connected the continuously driven output pin and input pin through jumper wire.

led is pin number - a1,
push button pin number ?
and external source input pin number -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back