Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with sim800L module

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultrasonic.1991

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi i have a problem with my sim800L module . i connected a 4 volt battery for the supply and i know that it connects to network due to the fact that the network led blinks every 4 seconds. i connected the module to usb to ttl module. i connected rx of sim800L to tx of usb to ttl module and vice versa and i connected the ground to ground. i added a image of my hyper terminal program i changed the baudrate to other values it didnt respond. what is the problem?

rfsfsr.png

Which device do you change baud rate on?
Did you change settings for each device, and input a new baud rate? Or, is there any automatic way they know they're supposed to change baud rate?

In addition are other settings identical across the board? Full or half duplex. Parity. Number of bits 7 or 8? Etc.

Which device do you change baud rate on?
Did you change settings for each device, and input a new baud rate? Or, is there any automatic way they know they're supposed to change baud rate?

In addition are other settings identical across the board? Full or half duplex. Parity. Number of bits 7 or 8? Etc.
thanks for your reply. by changing the baud-rate I meant changing the baud-rate of the hyper terminal program that I used to interact with sim800L and I attached its photo. I think what you say is about connecting the sim800l to the microcontroller if I'm not mistaking. it is noteworthy to mention that I worked with sim800 and controlled a LED by sending a special SMS without problem. i don't know what is wrong with this sim800L module.

Hi,

Maybe your hardware is not compatible regarding signal voltage levels.
We neither have a schematic nor all datasheets to verify..

Klaus

Hi,

Maybe your hardware is not compatible regarding signal voltage levels.
We neither have a schematic nor all datasheets to verify..

Klaus
i attached a photo of my hardware. the usb to ttl module is ch340

Attachments

• photo_2020-11-09_11-20-54.jpg
    photo_2020-11-09_11-20-54.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 193
  • 222.png
    222.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 169

Hi,

Is this correct: You want us to look for the datasheets and compare them for you?

Please check valid signal voltage ranges.
Please check that the battery voltage is at valid levels down to microseconds.

Klaus

Hi,

Is this correct: You want us to look for the datasheets and compare them for you?

Please check valid signal voltage ranges.
Please check that the battery voltage is at valid levels down to microseconds.

Klaus
no, I don't want you to look in the datasheets. I thought you asked a question and I answered you.
the sim800L datasheet says the voltage level is 3.3 volts. the ch340 datasheet says it works with 3.3 volts so why this doesn't work? the battery voltage is fine. maybe I'm missing something.

Hi,

I thought you asked a question and I answered you.
I still see no datasheet, no schematic, no clarification about logic levels.

No need to be perfect. Paper and pencil is O.K. Saying that you check the levels is O.K. but I don´t see.
I don´t have the time to do this for you. And if you don´t...

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.