Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with rectifier connected to an anodizing cube

Status
Not open for further replies.

zezito

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Big Problem!!

I have a big problem!!
There is a rectifier (IN 380V ; OUT 20V 50A without a transf.) connected to an anodizing cube. when start to raise the voltage, the current strats to flow thru the bath when the voltage reaches +- 10V!
Now the problem is how to make the current flow thru the bath with less voltage??
I attached a file so that you can see what i think it will solution this problem, but please write your opinion!!!

Thank you all

Re: Big Problem!!

You have also to measure all currents It, I1 and I2 with current clamp meter. After that calculate total power load (you must not overload your rectifier).

I think that you forgot to calculate or measure resistance of bath. Total resistance in your cicruit is R in paralell to Rbath and it will be smaller than any of it. Also bath resistance is of nonlinear type (I suppose). Try to use bigger R to limit current.

total load P = total resistance * total current^2 (<=1100W)

I have a big problem!!
There is a rectifier (IN 380V ; OUT 20V 50A without a transf.) connected to an anodizing cube. when start to raise the voltage, the current strats to flow thru the bath when the voltage reaches +- 10V!
Now the problem is how to make the current flow thru the bath with less voltage??
I attached a file so that you can see what i think it will solution this problem, but please write your opinion!!!

Thank you all

I think you forgot to add a comment to the file. Can't see it.

I agree with epp. You need a resistor to limit your current.
Do you know how much current you circuit requires?
If you to you can work out the total resistance to get the value
for the limit resistor.

But this will only limit current not the voltage. You said you required
less voltage. If I see the schematic I could give some advice.

Hope this helps.
:twisted:

Sorry had to wait for the picture to come trhugh.

Try a parrallel resistor of equel size.
That should devide the voltage in half. But if the
bath has resistance you will need to lower it.

epp already stateted that.

Lets say the bath has a 10E resistance than place a
90E at R2 and the 1E make it a 100E. The problem is getting a 90E
resistor.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back