Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with rc extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

sureshnaidu

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
iam using Assura RCX for parasitic extraction in cadence.If I do some modification in the layout and run RCX the new avextracted is not replacing the older one.I mean in the hierarchy view iam getting previous extracted view.it in not updating.

delete the old one, then run again.

If I do some modification in the layout...whether it need to run LVS before RCX every time

Ofcourse after layout modification you must run LVS again and then extract for correct corresponding av_extacted view for post layout simulations.

How do you delete the "old" extracted view?The straight and correct way is to do it from Library Manager (Right Click-Delete and see the message in the big white box below for corfirmation that the view is trashed).You can ofcourse delete it as you do for any file from your home directory (i would suggest it if you know exactly what to delete!).

Finally,if you are not able to delete the "old" extracted view there is another obvious tip : From the first tab of Assura RCX/QRC form you can change the name of the extracted file to whatever you want (let's say av1_extracted) and then from hierarchy editor you can choose the extracted view that you want to simulate.

Last edited:

after deleting old one same thing is happening.whether it need to run LVS before RCX every time

right, jimito13 is correct.
RCX need use output files gen by LVS step.

Using Calibre does not solve this issue.. In fact, in Calibre you will have to run two more steps.

LVS and then CCI query... then QRC..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back