Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with getting linear output of a temperature sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashad

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

i am new in the Field of DSP, i have temperature sensor but the output of the sensor is exponentialy decreasing i want linear output

97_1172481166.GIF

some suggest me that u use A- law or Mu-law i don't know any thing about that.... please advice me that is it the only solution and how i implement it

thnx

Re: please help me

y = a*e^(bx)

y/a = e^(bx)

z:= ln(y/a) = bx

and we are linear now :D . i also advice you to search for: linear regression, heat covection, heat transfer.

regards
mayyan

please help me

well this has little to do with dsp but the value of the voltage of the emyter layer of a directly polarized npn is a linear fnction of temperature (with in reasnoble walues)

mayyan said:
y = a*e^(bx)

y/a = e^(bx)

z:= ln(y/a) = bx

and we are linear now :D . i also advice you to search for: linear regression, heat covection, heat transfer.

regards
mayyan

it is good idea but i can't implement on Hardware ..... so i used an other circuit to linearized the sensor output but due to ur efforts i give u 3 points.....

a very simple yet efficient way to implement this is to use LUT. I assume your table does not have too much entries. all the computation are done beforehand so it is very fast and easy. the only drawback may be use some memory.

use a look up table

felling well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back