Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with ADL 5535

Status
Not open for further replies.

obinobi

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I build a simple PCB with based on RF amplifier ADL5535 very similar to eval board from Analog Devices. But I have following problem. After some short time - less than 1 or 2 minutes I observe rapidly increasing output current from DC power supply and it looks that output is almost shorted to GND (resistance between output and GND is about 4 Ohms). I am wondering what is the root cause of the problem. I made one bug because coils blocking RF signal on DC track in the output has too small current capability 0,15 A of max. current. Could this be a problem. The amplifier is not hot before fail.

Best regards

That shouldn't be the coil problem, because ADL5535 has only about 100mA.

Maybe your PCB shorted to GND somewhere, or the PAD GND don't have enough grounded.

Reactions: obinobi

obinobi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
If you observe rapidly increasing output current after a while, most probably the circuit is damaged and need to be replaced.

Reactions: obinobi

obinobi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi
Thank you for yours responses. I have replaced an amplifier and after soldering I measured resistance between output and GND and it's 16 Ohm. So I am worry that IC is damaged during soldering - ESD or too high temperature. After connecting to the power supply current protection shows overload :(.

Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back