Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Facing Power Combining Problem of Power Amplifier at final stage

narayani

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Initially I have taken two ideal amplifiers and combined power and later 4 ideal PAs and combined power and finally 8 ideal PAs and combined the power. When I Combined 2 ideal PAs and 4 ideal PAs, I didn't face any problem of combining power.
But when I have taken 8 PAs and combined power, everything works nicely till the last Branch Line coupler. At the Last Branch Line Coupler, it is giving same output power of previous stage Branchline Coupler outputs. I have shown in the screen shot of obtained output power.
Why at the last stage PAs BranchLine(BLs) Coupler is not combining input powers. Before all BLs except last BLs are combining power smoothly. What is the mistake in the last BL?

Attachments

• PA_Schematic.jpg
    PA_Schematic.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 38
  • PA_Schematic_Zoom_1.jpg
    PA_Schematic_Zoom_1.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 37
  • PA_Schematic_Zoom_2.jpg
    PA_Schematic_Zoom_2.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 37
  • PA_Schematic_Zoom_3.jpg
    PA_Schematic_Zoom_3.jpg
    390.4 KB · Views: 36
  • PA_Schematic_Zoom_4.jpg
    PA_Schematic_Zoom_4.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Obtained_Power_At_Last_3_Stages.jpg
    Obtained_Power_At_Last_3_Stages.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 41
Don't forget that you coupler requires 90° phase offset between the ports. Replace your final coupler with two ports, and check phase difference between the two paths.

1713024391620.png

edit: I checked your topology, with through line instead of the amplifier staged, and everything look ok there. S21=0dB at one output port, the other port is isolated.

amp_multistage.png

Last edited:

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back