Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem running ASITIC on a paper substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtcolaco

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am fairly new to ASITIC and the world of RF design in general, and I'm having some trouble specifying the substrate of a spiral inductor as paper. The purpose is to obtain an RFID circular antenna using inkjet printed silver ink on regular paper (Lumi Silk). Although a simple concept at heart, it has brought with it several simulation problems I was not expecting.

1643974924128.png

This is what I get when I run the following command: "2port inductor inductor 0.8G 1.2G 0.1G S false true inductorTest"

1643975142068.png

This produces several KCL violation warnings, and no value of capacitance and resistance. Since ASITIC has no documentation regarding the specification of paper as a substrate in the technology file, taking this into consideration I still tried to input the values of paper regardless, this is what I consider to be the main culprit of most simulation problems. What can I do regarding this?

P.S: What program should I use to view the S parameter data from ASITIC? I have tried S-View for Windows since the format seems similar but I had no luck there.

Attachments

• 1643974845139.png
    1643974845139.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 176

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back