Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in Heirarchy design in Capture CIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandhya.im

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

I found a problem in the address bus routing.
I had 6 buses in my design and i used Heirarchy design.
Inside heirarchy, i gave name as Add(0:15) and on heirarchy page , i gave name as ADD(15:0). In many of my designs it didnt cause any problem. But in my new design, i found the address bus interchanged.., i.e.add15 get connected to pin intended for add0 .

Is this a problem of heirarchy design or is a bug of capture?

Pls reply.

Sandhya

In most CAD systems a bus is defined as <base-name>[msb:lsb].

Especialy in hierarchical designs it is important that you use the same naming conventions for your busses.
If you use <base-name>[msb:lsb] and <base-name>[lsb:msb] for the same bus
you might end with a twisted bus.

Data[7:0] and Data[0:7] will connect Data[7] with Data[0] on the higher/lower level. In most CAD systems the left signal of bus1 will connect to the left signal of bus 2 leaving you with a twisted bus.
To make it more complex, on the same hierarchy level it will probally cause no problem at all. As stated before "Use one naming convention in your designs"

I have had this problem in the past with MG's Design Architect and it took some time to find what was happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back