Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] problem in array of wires in cadence virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debdut

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a block that has 530 inputs named f<0:529>. I want to make f<0> a vpulse and f<1:529> = GND. How can I do that?
I have done the following and error is displayed.

pic.png

signal,<*529>GND

EDIT:// to avoid an error on your schematic use net label f<0:529> at the input of your block. The sources are connected correctly. Of course the most "professional" way is to use label as above in my post.

Hello Dominik, sorry I could not fully understand your post.
Where do I label "f,<*529>gnd"? I want f<1> to f<529> to be gnd and f<0> a vpulse.
I have already labeled the input of the block f<0:529> as you can see.

You have to put this label on the net connected to F<0:529> pin of your block.
This notation (f<0>,<*529>GND) means first wire of bus is connected to net f<0> all 529 next wires of bus are connected to GND.
It is equal to f<0>,GND,GND,GND,…,GND. The number of entries separated by comas are equal to bus width (simple one to one connection).

Back to your first post. In attached schematic You have an error because to pin F<0:529> which is a bus with 530 nets, You connected 530 wires of bus f<0:529> to which You made a connection of 529 wires of the same bus f<1:529> and everything is shorted by single wire f<0>.

Reactions: Debdut

Debdut

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back