Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem converting HFSS file to dxf file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmara Tofique

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Members,
I am facing the problem while coverting hfss file to dxf file. The file is converted to dxf file but it remains blank when opened in autocad.
Kindly help!

Hi,

This is a simple problem which can be solved with ease. The solution is to construct your structure in HFSS on the plane (x,y,z) = (0,0,0). If you have your structure above or below the 0 plane, then the .dxf file will be blank when opened in autocad.

If you have your structure above or below the 0 plane, then the .dxf file will be blank when opened in autocad.

Why is that?

I'm not an HFSS user, but having worked a lot with DXF readers/writers, I am surprised why Ansys did that. The DXF format supports (x,y,z) co-ordinates so that it would be possible to export objects in the x-y plane for different z-levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back