Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS running VBA from inside the project file

kato01

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am trying to control HFSS from a VBS script and/or MATLAB. I suspect my company has blocked that so I am trying to run a VBA script from INSIDE HFSS.
I tried to open a text files and read some variables, however the script I used from EXCEL does not work inside HFSS.

Does anybody know how to get the following lines to work from inside HFSS script?

open file for input as 1
input#1, A,B
close 1

Thanks

Hey there,

I wouldn't expect VBA code from Excel to work in the general case in HFSS, I'd check out the .pdf scripting guide's examples -- something that's really useful for getting started if your end goal is to manipulate the HFSS project is to record your UI interactions to VBScript through "Tools>Record Script To File..."

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back