Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem about PIN diodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbtxbt

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,all!
Merry Christmas!
I now have troubles in designing a hopping filter.It was made of a fixed combline cavity and a capacitors matrix which fixed at the end of the bar.Each branch of the matrix will decide an available center frequency of the filter.Each branch is mainly made of a PIN diode and a high Q capacitor. Now, Mr Problem come up.When we added up the input RF power of the filter to 20W,the filter collapsed.Considering the insertion loss and return loss,the power behind the filter would be less than 10W.Brush the filter aside,let it cool down and tested it again by netanalyser,it iwas good again. I don't know why this happened.The main parameters about power of the key components were listed below:
PIN diodes(M/A ma4p7104F):
series resistance:less than 0.5OHm
Operating and Storage Temperature:-65°C to +175°C
power dissipation(25 degree contacts): PD:3W;eJC:50°C/W.
Package: Surface Mount Package (size:2mm*3mm*2mm)

Capacitors(ATC c_100b series):
Operating and Storage Temperature:-55°C to +175°C
Capacitance and Temperature Rate:+90 ±20 PPM/°C (-55°C 至+125°C)
Package: Surface Mount Package (size:2.8mm*2.8mm*2.6mm).
I wonder if you can give me some suggestions!
TKS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back