Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem about loop and bended monopole antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac7978

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
monopole bended

Hi all,

As i am not at english, i hope u all can understand what i mean @_@...

Receently, i had design a frame antenna which is bended like a rectangular loop and the total length is λ/4. This antenna has two ends, one is connected to the input of an receiver. For the other end, if it is connected to the ground, the antenna is a loop antenna, and if it is keep open, then the antenna is a bended monopole. At last, this antenna is put over the receiver's circuitry.

My problem is that if omni-directional antenna is required, should i connect one end of the antenna to ground or not?

After do the measurement, i am confuse as the performance of a loop and bened monopole antenna seem the same.

Please give me some advices, thank a lot.

Best rgd.

a bended monopole

This antenna is of the family type called "folded dipole" and the two parallel wire portion performs an impedance transforming function. If the wires are of equal diameter the transforming ratio is 4 times which makes the feed impedance 300 ohms. For the monopole over a ground plane the impedance is 150 ohms. To keep the unwanted loop antenna effect down the parallel wires should be cloese together.

what is monopole loop antenna

Please explain the frequency that you used. (fc, bandwidth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back