Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power supply query kindly help me out for this

Status
Not open for further replies.

awais123

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone ,
I want to generate a millivolt power supply having frequency range 1-25 Hz ,can anybody suggest me an easy and efficient way to make this

Muhammad Awais

Millivolts are easy, just use an op amp with a gain <<1 and feed it from a pot across the Vcc line. 1- 25 HZ is tricky, do you want a sine wave, square wave, modulated DC? Its difficult to get a 25 : 1 change of frequency without having some sort of range switch. Also at 1 HZ, it might take 10 seconds to settle to the correct frequency and amplitude.
Frank

A power supply is normally thought of as something that supplies DC. So why are you talking about frequency ranges? Are you really asking about a millivolt signal source ? Or do you really intend to draw significant power from this "power supply"? Make your needs clearer and you might get some useful help.

Millivolts are easy, just use an op amp with a gain <<1 and feed it from a pot across the Vcc line. 1- 25 HZ is tricky, do you want a sine wave, square wave, modulated DC? Its difficult to get a 25 : 1 change of frequency without having some sort of range switch. Also at 1 HZ, it might take 10 seconds to settle to the correct frequency and amplitude.
Frank

actually i need square wave Sir...

Hi everyone ,
I want to generate a millivolt power supply having frequency range 1-25 Hz ,can anybody suggest me an easy and efficient way to make this

Muhammad Awais
Hi Muhammad
It depends on how much current do you need ! there are gang of ways available for your aim . e.g generating such a signal with high amplitude ( e.g 2 volts ) and then decreasing it via resistors or using a transistor and an op amp with a negative feedback through it's out put to do it , or ....
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

A astable 555 timer in with variable frequency output fed into a voltage divider to get the correct voltage would be my first suggestiom

Status
Not open for further replies.