Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Supply for GSM based Project - Battery operated system

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirunavukkarasuThoondi

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
We developing GSM based project which is working battery (cell phone battery). we required the charger to the battery. please suggest some regulators which is available in India for minimum quantity.(10 to 50Nos)
Thanks

Provide the rating of the battery which you are going to use.

Do you need charger circuit or regulator for your circuit?

offline I presume?....use one of the power integrations flyback chips, like tnyswitch etc topswitch

Hi treeZ & Hobbyckts
thanks for the suggesstion. we have got the LDO LM29150.3.3V . which is the 5V to 3.3V regulator with 1.5 Amps rated. Is it reliable for the charging the purpose uses. we are charging Mobile Phone battery through this regulator.
Battery specification is 3.3V x 2500mA .
Please give your suggesstion.
Thanks

That should be fine for the battery charging. But make sure you are making intellignet charging circuit inorder to save the life of battery.

Moreover my doubt lies at the current rating of the regulator which says 1.5Amps. Will it be enough for your circuit? Because the project is GSM based so it needs atlease 2Amps burst current for few sceonds.

If you try to charge a Lithium battery from a voltage regulator without using a proper battery charger circuit then the battery will probably catch on fire.
Do not try it because Lithium burns at a very high temperature and it is difficult to stop the fire since I think water on it makes it burn hotter.

Why not use an off-the-shelf cellphone battery bank (the kind that works on an 18650)? They're cheap, and would take care of all your charging requirements, and work straight off a 5 volt supply.

Hi
we have got the MCP73843 charger for Batteries .Shall we go for the final design. And please help us the connector for the BL -5c Battery. where we go for the data sheets and purchase.
Thanks

Hi
we have got the MCP73843 charger for Batteries .Shall we go for the final design. And please help us the connector for the BL -5c Battery. where we go for the data sheets and purchase.
Thanks
I am glad to hear that you will use a modern battery charger IC. You probably must design and make your own battery connector. The IC and battery spec's are in www.datasheetarchive.com and Google.
Why don't you ask on a website in India where to buy the parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.