Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery charger with LCD schematic questions

NigthMoth

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all

I was trying to hack/canibalize LCD display from an old battery charger, but I became more interested in the battery charger schematic itself.
PCB marked as GIANTOX ABS-300-03 20090427, so it should be old 2009 year design.

There is schematic i was able to transcribe (name of some parts was not readable and I was not careful enough and
physically damaged transformer T1 during its disassembling, but I belive schematic should be correct)
Battery chargr with LCD.png

I found here explanation of "Primary coil side" working cycle, but I have a problem to understand "Secondary coil side" of this circuit.
My questions:

1)
I would appreciate if somebody can explain Q5, Q6, Q7, Q8 circuity, or provide a link with explanation of similar circuit, or at least tell name of this type of transistor network.
As I understand it is battery charging control circuit, but I can't get how it works.
My "reverse" analysis attempt:
"The battery is charging" symbl on LCD ->
V(P2) > V(P1) ->
Q10 is "OFF" ->
Q9 is "OFF" ->
U4 is "OFF" (U4 vref<2.5V -> V(NodeA, P1) < 4.34V) ->
***I'm stuck here***
battery is installed AND (Q5 and Q6 is "ON") ?
or
battery is not installed AND [(Q7 and Q6 is "ON") OR (Q5 and Q8 is "ON")] ?

2)
What is the purpose of Q3 and Q4?

3)
Is R6 a "bleeder resistor"?

4)
What is the purpose of 2 Ohm RF resistor?

Last edited:

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back