Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power supply design 24V dc must pass iec testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

burra

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
have run into some problems. I need to design a power supply for 24V dc 1amp. The problem is that it needs to fulfill a lot of standards. The device that has the built in power supply needs to be classified for use on ships. I need to fulfill the following standards.

IEC 61000-4-4 Fast low energy trancient (burst) test
IEC 61000-4-5 Slow high energy transient (surge) test
IEC 61000-4-6 Conducted high frequencyinterferance test

I have started to design a setup that uses a LM2576-hvs. I also use a second order damped LC filter to dampen the SMPS noise.
I have search the net for application notes that could help me with my design, but I have problems finding any.
Need help finding good application notes so I can design my SMPS to fulfill the standards.

BR

?e, know less about power EMC rules,
but if you were a chinese , you can find help
www.emchome.net/ ,

where the people are helpful.

GLuck.

Hi,
the Chinese site did not help much. But I have now figured out what kind of filter I need to design. I need a filter with a common-mode choke that dampens the common mode noise. Then I also need a LC filter to suppress the differential noise from the LM2576 and also my internal DC/DC isolators. The CAN bus can also be seen so I think I am going to try and dampen them with a murata EMIFIL type EMI filter. Then the 2kV transients will be clamped with a varistor and a X capacitor. If anybody wants I can post the graphs from the conducted emissions measurements from the EMC laboratory. Measured with LISN and spectrum analyzer.

Br,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back