Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power line communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_shaheen

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
power line communication 1khz

Hi all;

please if any one have information about the high frequency model of powerline distribution transformers or any paper to refer to.

thankx in advace

Hi, I have no papers about them but I do know that here in my country (Holland) they have placed capacitors accross the primary and secondary (10Kva transformers) windings to couple high frequency > 1 KHz signals accross. From the construction I would think that losses are high, specially at high frequencies > 50 KHz. due to iron losses.

regards,

Paul.

Power line is a pulsed channel model. A good model for these channels is HMM. These models have two states, good or bad. In good state, channel is only AWGN and in bad state channel combined of AWGN+Impulsed noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back