Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power line communication & sending signal via cable shie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annie

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
power line communications shielded cable

Hi I would like to find out more on whether signal can be sent through cable shield? Would appreciate if someone can give me guidance on this. Thanks

Re: power line communication

The subject of your post and content are two different unrelated things.
Power line communication is possible thru devices such as made by the HomePlug company.

Signals do traverse thru shielded cables such as RF Coax cable for cable modem.

I actually have a couple of friends developing a system like it for the last year project course, as i have heard they are trying to make some spread spectrum modulation, because your signal have to be low enough no to alter your power drive in the cable, i'll try on talk to them but it wont be ready till end of the year, they are iunvestigating right now.

power line communication

Hello DarkJedi,

Would you please explain " your signal have to be low enough no to alter your power drive in the cable" a bit?

As i have heard, u have to make the ampliyud of the signal you are sending via the powerline low enough to to make the 220Vac vary, cause it will affect the power line.

Both signals will add themself in the time domain, if frecuency can and i think must be defferend, every time you'll have the normal power line plus your signal send via the power line.

Is it clear? I hope i explained well enough

power line communication

1-Bring a separate transformer for it, to power up ur transmitter/reviver or transceiver

2-Modulate ur signals into FM

3-Use a Secoundry of the Transformer and a desigred capacitor for Tank circuit. (Its good to keep ur frequency arrond 30~40khz)

4-use a capacitor coupling to send or recive a signal

Shaheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back