Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Inverter 1000 Watts at 12 volts power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thougth inverter change logic level from hi to low or low to hi, then what did inverter has to do with the duty cycle and how does it reduce the duty cycle?

Do not forget to put a Heat =sink aluminum..make your own pcb i you like to make it

Added after 5 minutes:

If you like to make much better pcb layout , just post here thanks

bepobalote has addressed the trace width problem, besides that, there's general a problem of the output stage design.

I basically admit, that it can be meaningful to build an inverter with a BJT output stage, e.g. if you found a box with residual 2N3055.
Functional inverter circuits (more or less) with 2N3055 output stage have been presented at edaboard. Darlington or three
transistor cascades have been used with these to achieve sufficient output current.

In the present circuit, all transistors are driven with 6 mA base current each. Or with CD4013 limit current capability, rather half
of this value. A 2N3055 can amplify 3 mA to 0.3 or 0.4 A collector current. So one respectively two MJE5742 (a darlington
with higher current gain) have to take the remaining output current.

All-in-all, 100 W may be possible.

I think this is a nice circuit. I want to know how long the battery last if i will have to plug in a load of about 650 watts. thanks

Any one tell me what happens,, if you build this inverter circuits

The inverter will work if you construct if fine but you will experience some noise due to sharp edge of the square wave and your battery will be discharging so fast because bipolar transistor need 'ib' at the base, this draw more current from the battery.

I real appreciate the discussion ,since i have gained some news ideas for I am doing my project on designing and implementing a 1500watts, i also welcome suggestions.

Any one build my inverter >>. tell about your experience....

Added after 54 seconds:

low cost transistor can help people.. than mosfet ..

it is crap cause low cost transistor have very very poor stability and will explode if the op is high

- - - Updated - - -

The inverter will work if you construct if fine but you will experience some noise due to sharp edge of the square wave and your battery will be discharging so fast because bipolar transistor need 'ib' at the base, this draw more current from the battery.

cause of this fact usage of mosfet though costly is worth as it is a voltage controlled device

The circuit has poor efficiency: it'll draw too much current, giving less backup time, wasting a lot of the battery capacity and also producing excessive heating. It also has no battery voltage/load regulation as it has no feedback circuitry. It may be okay for testing at very small loads, but poor circuit for "1000W inverter".

i must say that the person who designed this has forgotten about line losses at higher current

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back