Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power gain pattern of PIFA antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhaskarbhu

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
help me please.......

as we know power gain patterns of half wave dipole are

Gθ =1.641*(cosθ.cosϕsinα – sinθ.cosα)2 .cos2(πξ/2)/(1-ξ2)2
Gϕ = 1.641*sin2ϕ*sin2α* cos2(πξ/2)/(1-ξ2)2

like this is there any power gain patterns are available for PIFA antenna.

I need this for calculating the mean effective gain(MEG) of diversity PIFA antennas...

where can i get the equations are regarding to pifa???

When talking about a thin half wave dipole, everyone knows what it is and there is no other variety. The PIFA has many varieties. Think of above a ground plane, or at the edge of a ground plane, electrically shorted (for example meander line, capacitive end section), etc.

In real world, the size of the ground plane is limited and that will affect the radiation pattern. So you will not the find "the" formula for a PIFA.

If you have some EM simulation tool, you may simulate a PIFA that matches your "average PIFA", and then derive some empirical formula based on the simulated pattern. It will not be easy as you may get both horizontal, vertical and circular components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back