Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power amplifer with very low Input power

Status
Not open for further replies.

hkpradeepkumar

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,i am designing a PA,Freq range 30-512MHz, supply voltage 7.5v,1.2A.Input power -5dbm(0.0316 micro watt), output power needed 5W. I am using coaxial transformers and baluns for matching. Because of very low input power i can not trigger my transistor.if i give 10dbm input everything works fine. So help me in this.How can i trigger my transistor by doing some preamplifing feedbacks adding some elements . i can not change my transistor and i have to use -5dbm input power.

You could change the class of operation of your 1st gain stage. Try Class A/B maybe? If not Class A will work.

Or add another amplifier in front of that gain stage and have it run in either Class A or A/B.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trigger the transistor ?????
I have never heard such terminology in my life ...
You have a Power Gain and you will get Output Power=Input Power x Power Gain.. that's it..
Is it a digital circuit ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back