Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Possible HFSS Problem when displaying the results

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroname

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

I Just maybe realized that i throw away about 2 monts of work....

So iam asking you, is it possible that if i simulated file A and open it and rewiev the results, and iam not happy, so i change the design of that file A. The HFSS normaly does say that the results will be invalid. So ok i go and simulate the file A once more so i get the file A.v2, and then i open that A.v2 and just click on the results again, actully i mean with this that i dont plot the result a new time but i just open the blank results that were ploted in original file A but are now blank couse of the design change.

So is it possible that if i dont delete the Reports that the actual value will be wrong?

I use the hfss 11 ...

If you use Design Variables in HFSS, you will not experience this issue. If you change the geometry or material of a design and it is not associated with either a Project or Design variable, then the results are destroyed when you hit Analyze for the new variation you created. If you update your report it will just update with data from the new variation and no other variations will be saved unless copy data and paste is used.

have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back