Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

porting define_design_lib to RTL compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clunixchit

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
define_design_lib

Hello there,

I've been using Synopsys DC for a long time. Now, it seems that due to a financial issue, I'll be forced to opt RTL compiler.

Since the last 2 days, I've being porting my synthesis scripts for trials.

However, I've been unable to figure out the replacement of
define_design_lib ${lib_nam} -path ${lib_nam}
?

Is it create_library_domain ${lib_nam} for RTL compiler ?

thanks

create_power_domain liberty asic

I think you need two parts. One for setting up the library domain and one for specifying the targets:

The following example creates three library domains:
Code:
rc:/> create_library_domain {dom_1 dom_2 dom_3}

/libraries/library_domains/dom_1 /libraries/library_domains/dom_2 /libraries/library_domains/dom_3

To read independent libraries, type the following command:
Code:
set_attribute library {a.lib b.lib c.lib x.lbr y.lib} /lib*/lib*/dom_1

This command creates five libraries in the /libraries/library_domains/dom_1 directory.

This updates the lib_search_path

set_attribute encounter rtl compiler

set_attribute library $lib_list
will be used for specifiyin the target libraries for the whole design,, the tool will have liberty to use the specified libs in the lib_list as needed it thinks,,,

while create_power_domain is to create the physical power domain and we can update the power domain after that with the specified library and specified instance list etc.....

Added after 2 minutes:

create_library_domain
Creates the specified library domains. To use dedicated libraries with portions of the design,
you must use this command before you read in any libraries for the specified library domains.
The command returns the directory path to the library domains that it creates.

Hi,

I have done with xorgate.vhdl simulation using nc launch, now i need to synthesize this file so when i start rc which opens up the rtl complier were in I need to write the commands to read my vhdl file and set_attribute the lib path, so how can i find the path for the library in rc window.I browsed in web I didn get it...please help me in getting the path so that i can set_attribute the lib search path

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back