Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please,reply quickly can I design high speed op-amp on orcad

Status
Not open for further replies.

abd_allah

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
op amp model orcad

can I design high speed op-amp on orcad if yes plz,illustrate how to get cmos models of orcad and how to design if not which tool i can use

Re: please,reply quickly can I design high speed op-amp on o

Hi

I think there should not be a serious problem with that.

Check the library and you will find CMOS there

Dear Friend,

Orcad is not a good simulator esp in high frequencies, I strongly recommend you to use Hspice or cadense instead and you know in orcad the limitation of using about 100 I think transistors would limit you to design complicated designs but anyway you should notice the library parameters so that if allthe capacitors have been modeled or not. Good luck

I suppose you are aware of the fact that YOU have to perform the task of DESIGN.
Any program like ORCAD, HSPICE, CADENCE, PSPICE,... can only perform an ANALYSIS of your design.

Dear Friend
All simulators are based on one principal only. They convert all devices into their equivalent circuit. So we can say that the total circuit is converted into the spice code from their equivalence parameters. The simulators like Tanner, Cadence & Mentor Graphics all work in the same fashion . So if we want to simulate a circuit in orcad , it would be better if we use the equivalent model of MOS( for this , refer to the book BSIM 3 MODELLING by William Liu ) . In this book he has given very precise ckt for BSIM 3 V 3.1 models.

So by picking proper model (low or high frequency) , we can simulate on orcad also

As LvW sir has said design has to be done at first properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.