Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please help with MOSFET

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael 1978

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please can somebody help me,

i need to find Vt in mosfet
i dont know formula
of where can i find Vt in graph data

thnx

What is Vt? Maybe you need to look at VGS(th) in its datasheet. It will be a range of voltages because some Mosfets with the same part number are more sensitive than others.
Here is a clip from a datasheet:

Attachments

• VGS(th).png
    VGS(th).png
    11.2 KB · Views: 84
thank you very much for answer, i am just a beginner,

i so that in datasheet vgs(th), but i dont know is that
because in some books thay say Vt and Vth
Vt means i think when current start to begin to flow
but i make tired searching in google i make stupid searching:thumbsdown:

what do you think is Vt maybe VGS(th) that will be fine, that with be very easy for me, i have 2 books of MICROELECTRONICS but i fin only VGS(th)

thanks

Vt=Vth=VGS(th). If your books refer to VGS(th) then are good books because like that appear on datasheets.
The threshold voltage, commonly abbreviated as Vth or VGS (th), of a field-effect transistor (FET) is the minimum gate-to-source voltage differential that is needed to create a conducting path between the source and drain terminals.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threshold_voltage

The current through an ordinary Mosfet when it has its "threshold voltage' is only 0.25mA which very low. The datasheet shows the Mosfet is fully turned on and shows its very low resistance when its Vgs is 10V.
Mosfets that are called "Logic Level" have a lower VGS(th) and Vgs to be fully turned on.

Thanks to everybody now i know ,

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.