Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please check if the following code is correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacquesKleynhans

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The following code is an IO data flow controller for to and from sram and FPGA.

Code:
library ieee;
use ieee.std_logic_1164.all;
use ieee.numeric_std.all;
entity dataflow_control is
port
(
	state_enable		: in    std_logic;
	output_enable	: in    std_logic;
	camera_clk	: in    std_logic;
	readclk		: in    std_logic;
	data_in		: in    std_logic_vector(7 downto 0);
	data_inout	: inout std_logic_vector(7 downto 0);
	data_out	: out   std_logic_vector(7 downto 0)
);
end dataflow_control;

architecture behavior of dataflow_control is

signal data_in_reg	:std_logic_vector(7 downto 0);
signal data_out_reg	:std_logic_vector(7 downto 0);

begin

process(camera_clk,state_enable,data_in)
		begin
		if (state_enable = '1' and rising_edge(camera_clk)) then
				data_in_reg <= data_in;
		end if;
	end process;

process(readclk,state_enable,data_out_reg)
		begin
		if (state_enable = '1' and rising_edge(readclk)) then
				data_out <= data_out_reg;
		end if;
	end process;

process(output_enable,data_inout,data_in_reg)
		begin
			if output_enable = '1' then
				data_inout <= "ZZZZZZZZ";
				data_out_reg <= data_inout;
			else
				data_inout <= data_in_reg;
				data_out_reg <= data_inout;
			end if;	
	end process;			

end behavior;

Kind Regards

Added after 4 hours 49 minutes:

Please Anyone,

I get these erros

W MO111 tristate driver data_inout_3[7] on net data_inout[7] has its enable tied to GND (module dataflow_control) dataflow_control.vhd (34) camera_payload_1.srr (59) 19:44:00 Mon Jun 14 ProASIC3E Mapper
W MO111 tristate driver data_inout_3[7] on net data_inout[7] has its enable tied to GND (module dataflow_control) dataflow_control.vhd (34) camera_payload_1.srr (59) 19:44:00 Mon Jun 14 ProASIC3E Mapper
W CL159 Input data_in is unused dataflow_control.vhd camera_payload_1.srr 19:43:57 Mon Jun 14 compilerReport
W CL169 Pruning Register data_in_reg(7 downto 0) dataflow_control.vhd (27) camera_payload_1.srr (41) 19:43:57 Mon Jun 14 compilerReport
W CD434 Signal data_in_reg in the sensitivity list is not used in the process dataflow_control.vhd (39) camera_payload_1.srr (39) 19:43:57 Mon Jun 14 compilerReport
[/quote]

hi

which xilinx version are you using? Mine is xilinx webpack 11.1, your code synthesized properly without any errors or warnings on mine

regards

I am actually using an actel device...

Hmmm thats strange that it worked fine on yours

Ill try again to simulate.

Thx for the reply

I don't see any problem.

This is what Quartus synthesized :
**broken link removed**

Thx for checking guys, I think the problem is when I simulate the code inside my top it clashes with the inout and the output signal. Check the pics

Otherwise you can check my other post CONNECTING SRAM , CAMERA MODULE , PIC AND FPGA

Added after 4 hours 20 minutes:

well i think its working, changed my sram things are looking up, touch wood.....

your code didnt create the tri-state buffer. if wanna use the bidirectional signal you should the create tri-state.
i suggest you to design the bidir signal like that;

tri <= datainreg when outputenable = '1' else
"ZZZZZZZ";

It's successful with 4 warnings in my PC

Added after 4 seconds:

It's successful in my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back