Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pipeline ADC Layout Reference or Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

shineqi

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pipeline adc tutorial

We are designing a pipeline ADC, and need some instructions on the ADC floorplan and detail techniques

Thanks

adc layout

please refer the baker's book of mix-signal circuit design.

pipelined adc tutorial

i dont have any docs to share but i could give some tips.

first plan for the power routing coz it is very difficult to lay it out if it is not well planned. you may consider using the grid technique to save space; but of course u need a process that uses at least 5metals. different power lines are used in this topology; one for the digital part (clock), one for the comparator (flash ADC and DAC), and one for the analog part (diff amps). they must be separated from each other coz one introduces different noise while others should be kept away from those noise. Proper shielding should be employed to isolate noisy blocks from others.

One important point in designing pipeline ADC is the matching. This is the top priority in order for the layout to function. Unwanted delays (parasitic RC) should be avoided.
You must put matched device as near as possible to avoid mismatches. Dont worry about the dead space that would be created as you go on designing coz they will be filled up with bypass capacitors. Dont put the clock devices far from the one it controls because it may cause unwanted delays; but dont put it too near that it introduces noise to the analog parts.

should you have more question or clarification, dont hesitate to ask again.
hope this helps.
tnx and regards,

adc layout example

protonixs said:
i dont have any docs to share but i could give some tips.

first plan for the power routing coz it is very difficult to lay it out if it is not well planned. you may consider using the grid technique to save space; but of course u need a process that uses at least 5metals. different power lines are used in this topology; one for the digital part (clock), one for the comparator (flash ADC and DAC), and one for the analog part (diff amps). they must be separated from each other coz one introduces different noise while others should be kept away from those noise. Proper shielding should be employed to isolate noisy blocks from others.

One important point in designing pipeline ADC is the matching. This is the top priority in order for the layout to function. Unwanted delays (parasitic RC) should be avoided.
You must put matched device as near as possible to avoid mismatches. Dont worry about the dead space that would be created as you go on designing coz they will be filled up with bypass capacitors. Dont put the clock devices far from the one it controls because it may cause unwanted delays; but dont put it too near that it introduces noise to the analog parts.

should you have more question or clarification, dont hesitate to ask again.
hope this helps.
tnx and regards,

I think you are really good at pipeline adc.

Would you mind sharing some experices dealing with that?

pipelined adc layout

shineqi said:
Would you mind sharing some experices dealing with that?

please be specific. you may give me a snapshot of the schematic so that i could teach you how to match the devices.

pipeline adc layout

You can buy a reference design for both circuit and layout of pipeline ADC at :

**broken link removed**

topdownmodelverificationcas_apr2004.pdf

But it only have circuit and layout, how to simulate the adc performance? who can help me?

what is adc layout

Below's documment will help you.

**broken link removed**

pipeline adc

?link efer to whate?
&how to start my design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back