Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pin Function of LT4363

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayang

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone, I would like to know your insights about the functions of SHDN, ENOUT and FLT pin in LT4363 this is a surge protection IC. I copies the circuit in the typical application since I am also using a 28V input.

I should let this float or maybe connect it to somewhere or maybe mark as unconnected??

Send help.

Thank you.

1670833019300.png
1670833026833.png

Hi,

I´m sure this all should be written in the datasheet.
Did you read it?

Or do you want us to read the datasheet?

Klaus

Hi,

I´m sure this all should be written in the datasheet.
Did you read it?

Or do you want us to read the datasheet?

Klaus
well mister Klaus I've read it multiple times. I just want to make sure I understand correctly.

Hi,

you just sent me a PM that my answer was rude.

My post was not meant rude. Nor it was meant any emotional.
Just asking for informations for me find out what you did so far. And for me to find out what needs to be done .. for a fast solution to your problem.

Could you please give more details: What exactly is rude? Asking for the information whether you read the datasheet? Many posters here ask similar questions .. and did not read the datasheet before.
I don´t know what you did, I don´t know what the others did. Without asking for the information .. I will never know.

Many members who read the datasheet also give a link to it. This shows they "know" the datasheet and also avoids that anybody who is interested in helping you needs to search for the datasheet.

Others state they read the datasheet but say like:
....On page xx chapter xx they write "....", how do I have to understand this?
So we - who try to help - can focus on the exact problem.

But now you say you have read it. Thanks for this information.
Again I have to ask for more details.
I just want to make sure I understand correctly.
I don´t know what you "did understand", thus I can not know whether you understand it correctly.

Klaus

Hi,

you just sent me a PM that my answer was rude.

My post was not meant rude. Nor it was meant any emotional.
Just asking for informations for me find out what you did so far. And for me to find out what needs to be done .. for a fast solution to your problem.

Could you please give more details: What exactly is rude? Asking for the information whether you read the datasheet? Many posters here ask similar questions .. and did not read the datasheet before.
I don´t know what you did, I don´t know what the others did. Without asking for the information .. I will never know.

Many members who read the datasheet also give a link to it. This shows they "know" the datasheet and also avoids that anybody who is interested in helping you needs to search for the datasheet.

Others state they read the datasheet but say like:
....On page xx chapter xx they write "....", how do I have to understand this?
So we - who try to help - can focus on the exact problem.

But now you say you have read it. Thanks for this information.
Again I have to ask for more details.

I don´t know what you "did understand", thus I can not know whether you understand it correctly.

Klaus
Hi, I am just wondering how to use the A3 pin or the PGOOD and the B5 or the SS or soft-start of LTM8051. Since it was not stated in the datasheet on how are we going to used it. Would It be using a pull-up resistor or can I directly connect it to different component??

I tried to compare the ICs of ADI and MPS and I have seen in one of the IC in MPS that they suggested to use MOSFET transistor in using the PGOOD pin also there is some ICs in MPS that they just directly connect the PGOOD pin to the other components.

but anyway, what about in the LTM8051?

and I apologize for my response the a day day sir.

I hope we're good now.

Many thanks.

1671077326643.png

1671077337115.png

Hi,

I am just wondering how to use the A3 pin or the PGOOD and the B5 or the SS or soft-start of LTM8051
I just wrote the first lines .. then I recognized you referred to a new device now.

But something does not match. Please clarify.

Outputs: generally are not that critical. They may be left unconnected when not used.
.. OC/OD outputs if used need "anything" to pull them up to a valid HIGH level. It depends on where they are used.
.. OC/OD outputs when not used: I recommend to install a pull up resistor for easy debugging.

Inputs: General recommendation: Don't leave them floating. This is true for analog inputs as well as digital inputs, unless otherwise noted in the datasheet.

Please post links to the datasheets you refer to, so we all can discuss about the same information (manufacturer and version...)

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back