Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pin dimension in virtuoso layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

adityarajrulz

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am using 45 nm tech file in virtuoso layout. In the tech file the constraint for Metal1 is , minWidth = 0.06 and minArea = 0.02.

If i draw a pin with Metal1 , do the same constraint apply to pin also, or are they applicable to only rectangle or any shape ?

Because according to these constraints, for using the min width as 0.06, in rectangle, the other dimension has to be .33 or 330nm to satisfy the area constraint, which is too much for a pin.

So do I really need to draw a pin with the said specifications, 0.06* 0.33 to satisfy the conditions, or there is a way out, and the pin can skip the constraints of the tech file?

Any structure on Metal1 has to honour Metal1 (min.) rules, be it a pin or anything else. Otherwise you'd risk not to find it on your chip. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back