Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pin configuration in Spartan 3AN

Status
Not open for further replies.

sriharsha.hs

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello folks,

I am trying to connect spartan 3AN FPGA (XC3S50AN) with DSP SOC (TMS320tci6614). I am mapping the I/O's between DSP and FPGA.

The problem is : I need aro pins.PNGpins.PNGund 100 I/O for connecting between DSP and FPGA. But in spartan 3AN there are only 108 max user I/O's.

I am not getting the idea on how to use the I/O for my general purpose. Some I/O's are mentioned as the DUAL type and some for Clocks.

There are 40 DUAL type I/o's and 30 pins are associated with the clock.

Please let me know how can I use these I/O's for my general purpose as it s mentioned in the document that those I/O's can be used by user.

I have enclosed the image containing pin info.

Thank you.

1/ this sound a bit problematic - if you connect 100 pins to dsp you will be left just with 8 i/o pins.
2/ basically you can use all 108 pins as i/o but 7 of them are inputs only, some have other importent usage like clock or differential capabilities.
3/you can use them by specifing there location, and usage in a UCF file, or by other means.

1/ this sound a bit problematic - if you connect 100 pins to dsp you will be left just with 8 i/o pins.
2/ basically you can use all 108 pins as i/o but 7 of them are inputs only, some have other importent usage like clock or differential capabilities.
3/you can use them by specifing there location, and usage in a UCF file, or by other means.

Hi aruipksni,

Thanks for the reply. I got all your points mentioned. Can you please explain me in detail regarding the DUAL type and CLOCK type I/O's available?

Dual type I/O's are 40 in number. But how can I use them after configuration as general purpose. Regarding the clock pins, how are the clock pins are selected for the design. They are 30 in no. But I don't understand how can I use those pins.

Thank you

Hi aruipksni,

Thanks for the reply. I got all your points mentioned. Can you please explain me in detail regarding the DUAL type and CLOCK type I/O's available?

Dual type I/O's are 40 in number. But how can I use them after configuration as general purpose. Regarding the clock pins, how are the clock pins are selected for the design. They are 30 in no. But I don't understand how can I use those pins.

Thank you

you know you can use a tool called "google" ?
i will spare you the effort :
1/ https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/data_sheets/ds529.pdf
look at page 65 i think it is all written there.
2/ https://ohm.bu.edu/~pbohn/Bio_Delay_Generator/Documentation/s3an_tq144_pinout.pdf
for specific sparatan3an t144 pin.

And since you of course want to read more about it but just didn't find the right resource, more documentation on Spartan-3AN can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back