Not open for further replies.

sriharsha.hs

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello folks,

I am trying to connect spartan 3AN FPGA (XC3S50AN) with DSP SOC (TMS320tci6614). I am mapping the I/O's between DSP and FPGA.

The problem is : I need aro und 100 I/O for connecting between DSP and FPGA. But in spartan 3AN there are only 108 max user I/O's.

I am not getting the idea on how to use the I/O for my general purpose. Some I/O's are mentioned as the DUAL type and some for Clocks.

There are 40 DUAL type I/o's and 30 pins are associated with the clock.

Please let me know how can I use these I/O's for my general purpose as it s mentioned in the document that those I/O's can be used by user.

I have enclosed the image containing pin info.

Thank you.

1/ this sound a bit problematic - if you connect 100 pins to dsp you will be left just with 8 i/o pins.
2/ basically you can use all 108 pins as i/o but 7 of them are inputs only, some have other importent usage like clock or differential capabilities.
3/you can use them by specifing there location, and usage in a UCF file, or by other means.

Hi aruipksni,

Thanks for the reply. I got all your points mentioned. Can you please explain me in detail regarding the DUAL type and CLOCK type I/O's available?

Dual type I/O's are 40 in number. But how can I use them after configuration as general purpose. Regarding the clock pins, how are the clock pins are selected for the design. They are 30 in no. But I don't understand how can I use those pins.

Thank you

you know you can use a tool called "google" ?
i will spare you the effort :
1/ https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/data_sheets/ds529.pdf
look at page 65 i think it is all written there.
2/ https://ohm.bu.edu/~pbohn/Bio_Delay_Generator/Documentation/s3an_tq144_pinout.pdf
for specific sparatan3an t144 pin.

And since you of course want to read more about it but just didn't find the right resource, more documentation on Spartan-3AN can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…