Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PICSTART Plus Flash Upgrade Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

gari

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
picstart plus upgrade

I have this photo and a pin to pin information.(i find it in diferent places, no relation between them)

I don't know if it work but someone could try.

picstart plus firmware upgrade

The document you posted has no details on implementing the Flash Upgrade Module (except for the picture of it). The Flash Upgrade Module's purpose is to bring the PICStart Plus into the 21st century by replacing the original 17C44 onboard with the flash-based module using the 18F6720.

Could you get in contact with whoever made that picture and have them make a schematic?

- Jayson

picstart plus upgrade kit

I had to change my chip to a better one, i dont rember whitch model it was. I can look it up if you are intrested

picstart plus firmware download

Mallmannen,

Microchip has released a plugin board (upgrade board) for existing PICStart Plus programmers that replaces the 17C44 and allows for firmware upgrading through MPLAB without having to remove anything from inside the PICStart Plus. The plugin board consists of a PIC18F6720 connected to a 40-pin DIP socket which fits into the place of the 17C44 in the original PICStart Plus programmer.

All of us are interested in the schematics for that plugin board.

- Jayson

picstart plus pinout

I think that firmware installed in the chip is also needed because without it it is impossible to download new firmware from MPLAB. The same as ICD2!

Sime

picstart pum

True, but you can use the old PICStart Plus to program the PIC18F6720 with the required firmware (you will wires coming from it for programming), then you can simply do a switch and you have a new PICStart Plus.

- Jayson

picstart plus bootloader

Jayson said:
True, but you can use the old PICStart Plus to program the PIC18F6720 with the required firmware (you will wires coming from it for programming), then you can simply do a switch and you have a new PICStart Plus.

- Jayson

Ok, but WHAT firmware (where I can find?) ?

MazE

picstart plus flash upgrade module

Hi

I haven't programmed the chip myself yet so I cannot verify. But try this file in you MPLAB installation folder.
\\MPLAB IDE\Programmers\pspls41006.hex
Have anyone made the adpater, and the capacitor is it decoupling for the VDD?

I have the chips at home and will make the adapter with info from the pinout in PUM, I hope it will succeed.

re-flash picstart pum module

The pinout in PUM is not for the upgrade module, its for another thing.

- Jayson

old picstart plus

Hi

Thanks for telling me. But the upgrade is refered to PUM at the microchip homepage thats why I believed so.
hxxp://forum.microchip.com/tm.asp?m=28979
hxxp://forum.microchip.com/tm.asp?m=29387
hxxp://forum.microchip.com/tm.asp?m=5908&mpage=2&key=
Quote:
"You do not have to purchase a new PicStart Plus to use the PUM; however, use of firmware versions higher than 3.11 require the PUM. There will be no more firmware releases that use the 17C44 chip"

Please read the links above, I think it seems promising or is it just a mixup?
When anyone finds a solution please post here.

picstart plus firmware version 4.50.11

Hi

I have checked at microship homepage and the upgrade module found here looks very similar to the one found in the PUM.RAR

123.buy.microchip.com/productdetails.aspx?Catalog=BuyMicrochip&Search=UK003010

The photo is really bad but text and layout seems to be the same.

Any comments, or do I just have a wild fantasy.

picstart flash upgrade corrupt

The photo in the PUM document is indeed of the upgrade module, but the pinout does not seem to be for the upgrade module.

I could be wrong, but I did look at some traces and they are not on the photo.

- Jayson

picstart plus upgrade firmware

Hi

Yes Jayson you are right, this is not the pinout for the PUM. The pinouts are from a document at 5v.ru, only to program these chips. Sorry for not trusting you...

upgrade my picstart plus

x said:
Hi

The flash module is now sold through .5v.ru/pspf.htm (23.2EUR )b ut the price seems to be the same as through microchip (22.9EUR). But I hope we can find another solution to this.
x

the 22.9 EUR are not so much indeed, I could afford it for sure. :D
The shipping & handling cost is VERY MUCH, all included this module would cost to me more than 65 EUR ! :(
I join your hope

MazE

picstart plus flash with usb pinout

Hi
my PUM is corrupt
inside the pum there are the pins (Vdd Vss PGD PGC MCLR) to program or read the micro PIC18F6720.
Having the complete content I could restore it without having to wait for buy another PUM.
does someone have the complete code with the bootloader?
or can someone read and share it?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.