Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pickit scheme 4 pic 16f54

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowday

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am new in pic i build the pickit 2 programmer required the scheme who supported pic16f54 IC.

Hi

If you want to build a Pickit2 just search the pages of this forum, there are countless details for building one.
Be aware that it uses a 18F2550 chip that needs to be programmed .

My advice would be to buy a ready made one from Microchip, a good investment and not that much dearer than what it costs to make your own.

The 16F54 chip, is there a special reason for using it when there are so many others available ?

As you can see MPlab does not allow the Pickit2 to program it directly and the chip cannot be used in hardware debug mode.
You can program the 16F54 via Pk2s stand alone program V2.61

The 16F88 is a better choice and fully MPlab / Pk2 compatible.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 105

yes special reason for using this, i am copy the program from pic16f54 ic to new blank pic 16f54 ic.

which programer compatible for pic16f54?

what pickit 1 and 3 compatible for pic16f54?

Last edited:

Hi,

Pickit1 - obselete, though surprised it says it will program it ?

Pickit2 - still being sold but superceeded by the new Pickit3 which will program it direct from Mplab.

The Pickit2 has a separate stand alone program that will read and program the 16F54.

The Pickit3 is not available as a diy build.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.