Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Picking up microwave oven VHF signal with internal antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie54

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was wondering if it's possible to pickup the 2.45ghz signals from the waveguide or cavity of a microwave oven, perhaps using a simple dipole antenna at ~4.5inch lenth to match? Any ideas?

Yes, but I very seriously advise you not to!
Power in the cavity (which is inside the magnetron so you can't reach it) and the waveguide is VERY dangerous and could even melt your dipole! Consider that in a microwave oven the power in the waveguide is spread throughout the cooking area and still cooks food.

Brian.

Yes, but I very seriously advise you not to!
Power in the cavity (which is inside the magnetron so you can't reach it) and the waveguide is VERY dangerous and could even melt your dipole! Consider that in a microwave oven the power in the waveguide is spread throughout the cooking area and still cooks food.

Brian.

Thanks Betwixt, I won't ask you for how to do it, but I was looking for a HF high power source for tesla pod experiments, as I'm stuck under 1 watt and 3mhz area using a function generator and don't want to fork out for a big amp.
Anyway I don't think I'll try the microwave idea, just curious. Thanks again for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.