Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic16f887 interfacing with gsm modem

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Parvati.k

Hi all m new to this forum m facing a problem in interfacing pic with gsm please help me out.

my task is to get time and data stamp from gsm modem using AT+CCLK? command and then send message to a given given number using AT+CMGS command. I'm writing separate functins for both where i expect it work as
-call function to get time data stamp in one buffer and then
-call function to send an sms.
By this m not at all getting the sms

if i call as below its workin
-call function to get time data stamp in one buffer and then
by this m getting 2sms's in which first is blank and is not required.Second is the required sms with data and time stamp. I want to avoid the first sms. Please help me out why gsm wants AT+CMGS command before????

Please help me i m in need.

thanks for your reply. Here m using pic16f877 and i have checked gsm modem with the hyperterminal its working fine i don know what intialization with AT+CMGS command modem is getting after that only AT+CCLK is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.