Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

At command for gsm in avr with c

Status
Not open for further replies.

parisash

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HELLO ALL

I don't know how to write AT commands in AVR to set GSM modem
please help me my friends

parisash said:
whould you please give me a source code
I think that before start writing code, it is most important to first connect your modem with a terminal software and drive it through there. You will see a lot of things that are not directly visible through code debugging. You will save a lot of development time in this way.
Start with the basics. Make and receive calls and sms, delete sms, calls listing and in general all basics that you already know from your mobile phone. Then you can write an MCU project faster.
When you will be needing more commands, you can first test them in the terminal software and then write the MCU code for them. I think this is the optimum way.
By the way, I believe that Windows Hyperterminal is an awful software. You can check out some more terminal software through this thread:
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/228501/

Hope that helped,
Alexandros

I think that before start writing code, it is most important to first connect your modem with a terminal software and drive it through there. You will see a lot of things that are not directly visible through code debugging. You will save a lot of development time in this way.
Start with the basics. Make and receive calls and sms, delete sms, calls listing and in general all basics that you already know from your mobile phone. Then you can write an MCU project faster.
When you will be needing more commands, you can first test them in the terminal software and then write the MCU code for them. I think this is the optimum way.
By the way, I believe that Windows Hyperterminal is an awful software. You can check out some more terminal software through this thread:
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/228501/

Hope that helped,
Alexandros

hello my friend

thanks a lot for your help

Do you mean that I download the terminal software and install
it on my computer? then try to connect it to my GSM modem?

parisash said:
Do you mean that I download the terminal software and install
it on my computer? then try to connect it to my GSM modem?
Yes, you connect GSM's Tx with interface's Rx and vice versa. You will need an RS232 driver for PC interfacing like MAX232, and a USB to serial cable bought from a local PC accessories store.
https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/max232.pdf

If you install cable's drivers and then select the correct port and configuration from the terminal software, you should be ready. You type commands from the terminal software and you see GSM's responce on the monitor.
You didn't yet mentioned which GSM you will work with. Will you design a board or buy an evaluation board? If you will use an evaluation board, I believe there will be a PC interface as well.
If you will design a board and since the first one is the prototype, add a part for PC interfacing, or design a side board to connect you to PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.