Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F877A Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtremeTuningSolutions

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have a Hex file for a PIC16f877a. Its a simple ADC. But i do not have the original Source code. I have the Hex file. I wanted to know what is the smallest PIC can i use to program the hex file to and it will work?

Is there a conversion Process?

The smallest possible PIC depends on hex file size. If it's just a simple ADC as you say, than I think every PIC will hold the program. Just choose the smallest package with ADC that satisfy your pinout needs... check the microchip site.

Google for 'PIC Disassembler'. It will convert your hex file to an assembler source code.
You might need to tweak the code a bit... like address change to used registers....

Hello,

Thank you for your response

The pins on the PIC16F877A are:

PIN 35 - RC1/T10SI/CCP2
PIN 11 - RB3/PGM
PIN 6 - VSS
PIN 7 - VDD
PIN 28 - VDD
PIN 29 - VSS
PIN 15 - RB5
PIN 16 - RB6/PGC
PIN 17 - RB7/PGD
PIN 18 - MCLR/VPP
PIN 19 - RA0/AN1

Please let me know what is the smallest PIC i can use

---------- Post added at 06:03 ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 ----------

I want to convert the hex file to work with the new PIC. My goal is to make it as small as possible

Better you write new c code. It's not difficult. Using Hex code is useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.