Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] PIC16F690 interfaced with LCD using Hi Tech C compiler in MPLAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarence501

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys, I want to learn how to interface a PIC16F690 with Liquid Crystal Display using C language in MPLAB. I've been searching the internet and used the search engines but no one has posted regarding how to start with LCD interfaced in to the PIC16F690. These are the links to some searches that I find helpful quiet a little but still I don't understand enough that's why I cannot start.

This link gave me an idea of the command control codes. I think this has a good tutorial but it's using assembly language, which I'm not familiar of.

http://www.winpicprog.co.uk/pic_tutorial3.htm

This link has an actual step by step method in interfacing LCD to PIC but problem is it's only useable to PIC18 family of microcontrollers.

http://extremeelectronics.co.in/mic...facing-lcd-modules-with-pic-microcontrollers/

I really need your help on how I can start with this LCD Interfacing to PIC16f690 because I want to learn how to make a digital AC voltmeter using LCD as display. I'm willing to study, I just need a guide on where to start.

RE: still I don't understand enough that's why I cannot start.
what do you mean by that ?
btw: PIC16F690 has little memory and with fre compilers like XC8 you will not be left with too much Flash memory for your code. LCD driver takes quite some room.

Status
Not open for further replies.