Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC TO PIC TRANSMISSION TROUBLESHOOTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeddon

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guyz,
i having problem on the transmitting of data transfer from mcu A 16f877a and recieving in mcu B 16f877a.
i connectly tx pin from mcu directly to the transmitter and likewise for my reciever.
when just connect a wire from mcu A to mcu B, the thing work fine but when using of my transmitter and reciever unit, they are not working.
i have put led to show transmission on both side and only transmitting show working but receiving end is not.
you guyz have any idea to troubleshoot ?
i give the tx/rx unit 5vdc supply
my transmitter and reciever is attached .

Hi,

Have just recieved a 433mhz pair of those boards but have not connected them up yet - cannot offer any proven help but would be interested to know how you go on.

Just one thing might help, if you see this tutorial on rs232 it mentions on how the Max232 chip inverts the data, so you must compensate for that in your program code when using that chip - so as you are receiving data with a direct connection ok , perhaps the data is being inverted when using the tx/rx boards.

Also mentioned on the Sparkfun site that your signals should be encoded to avoid picking up noise - see the 433 tx /rx of this same tutorial.

http://www.winpicprog.co.uk/pic_tutorial7.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back